• Prices from $580 String Trio / $700 String Quartet (up to 75 minutes)
• $20 per musician per 15 minutes thereafter.
• $250 approx. if you wish to include a singer
• Amplification: Battery-powered PA system with instrument pickups & microphone input (Roland BA-330) $80
• Civil wedding bookings are minimum $580/700 up to 75 min
• Nuptial wedding bookings are minimum $640/780 up to 90 min
• All Sydney Ensemble bookings require a $190 non-refundable deposit / Hunter Valley Strings booking require $100 deposit (included in above fees) by EFT to secure your booking.
• Bookings beyond Terrey Hills (north) / Castle Hill (north west) / Parramatta (west) / Cronulla (south) may incur additional fees for travel.
• Bookings in Newcastle / Hunter Valley wineries (most areas) are also available at the same rate. Broke & Wollombi will incur an additional charge.
For weddings, all available musicians will remain until the recessional has been performed. If the recessional music has not been performed within the booked time you will be charged an overtime rate. Charges are set out below:
• 1-5 minutes: $0 (no charge)
• 6-10 minutes: $13 per musician
• 11-15 minutes: $20 per musician
• 16-20 minutes: $27 per musician
• 21-25 minutes: $34 per musician
• 26-30 minutes: $41 per musician
• $7 per 5 minutes thereafter
• Administration fee: $20
For more info please visit our FAQs page.
Please contact us for an exact quote or budget alternatives.
Sydney Ensemble Musician String Trio / String Quartet Price list:
|up to 75 min||580||700|
|1 hr 45 min||700||860|
|2 hr 15 min||820||1020|
|2 hr 30 min||880||1100|
|2 hr 45 mins||940||1180|
|3 hr 15 min||1060||1340|
|3 hr 30 min||1120||1420|
|3 hr 45 min||1180||1500|
We arrive 30 minutes before the service to set up and discuss the queues for the music with the celebrant. 15 minutes before the wedding is due to begin, we will perform as your guests arrive and await your entrance. We then play at selected times throughout the service including the processional, signing of the register and recessional. There may also be other opportunities for us to play, depending on your type of service. After your ceremony we will continue to perform for the remaining booking time while you and your guests are having photographs taken, exchanging congratulations and departing for the wedding reception. During this time we can quickly relocate to another setting if required.
Example for a 2pm wedding (75 minute booking)
1.30pm: Arrive, setup, discuss cues with celebrant
1.45pm: begin playing for the arrival of guests
2pm: wedding begins - we perform the processional, signing of the register, and recessional
2.45pm: wedding concludes - we perform the recessional & continue playing as photos are being taken
3pm: booking finishes (your booking can be extended for entertainment of guests while you have photos taken)
Back to Top
We are always professionally and appropriately dressed for your event. Males normally wear all black, or a black suit with tie, and females all black. We are also flexible so that we can dress accordingly if you are having a themed colour or dress code.
Complete the online enquiry form here.
Please provide the following information when making contact:
• Your name/s, contact telephone numbers
• Date, time/s and venue locations & addresses
• Overtime playing – If your event unexpectedly runs overtime and would like us to continue playing, if musicians are available.
(for weddings, all available musicians will remain until the recessional has been performed. If the recessional music has not been performed within the booked time you will be charged an overtime rate. Charges are set out on the booking agreement and website.)
• Any special requirements (repertoire/music cues/dress code, etc.)
• If you would like musicians to bring their own chairs.
1. After we have received your booking details, we will prepare an Entertainment Services Agreement & Schedule with invoice and email it to you. The paying of the deposit binds the agreement (this is due within 7 days of receiving the invoice). The 2nd payment is for the remaining balance in cash due on the day of the event.
2. Payment options and bank details are on the invoice. Please notify us by email of any EFT payments.
3. After a deposit has been received a receipt will be emailed and your booking confirmed.
4. Any changes to the booking agreement must be received by us in writing at least 48 hours prior to the engagement, and will be at the discretion of Sydney Ensemble.
5. Repertoire and/or requests should be finalised 21 days prior to the event.
Make an Enquiry
Call or email to ensure your date is available.